Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dr. Kurt Hochenauer

It was neat getting to hear from Dr. Hochenauer in that, not only has he had experience, but he's also a former journalist. I liked the fact that when he got tired of his job, he left. Sometimes people stay and complain, or make themselves a martyr, (whether consciously or not), but he chose to take action on it. I like that he writes three times a week, as to stay up to date on current events, as well as to keep the practice of his writing skills up in general. I thought it was interesting when he said he gets along well with ultra religious people, because, I was under the impression of them being most judgmental out of everyone else.

 I thought the good writing and be unique comment was important because it makes sense. You have to play a game, so to speak, of standing out and giving people something they're not going to get bored with within ten seconds of reading. I think being able to post to other sites, such as Twitter and Facebook, is a good idea, so that you get more readers. I thought the comment on how the blog follows one forever is significant, in the sense that, if you don't want someone to read it, don't post it. I also agreed with him when he spoke about writing being a centering act.

No comments:

Post a Comment